Existing Member?

3 countries, 6 weeks, 9 lives?

spoke too soon

THAILAND | Monday, 26 February 2007 | Views [340] | Comments [1]

After seeing all the temples in Ayutthaya, we decided to head straight to Chiang Mai without stopping.  According to people at the guesthouse, ther was not much to see between the two towns.

So off we headed to the train station th next morning, Renata with us too (the Dutch girl) in the hope we could catch a somewhat comfortable train.  The next one didn't leave till 4pm.  In another tuk tuk to the bus station.  365B and 10 hours later, we arrived in Chiang Mai.

Haven't seen too much of it actually.  As soon as I got off the bus, my stomach became quite queasy... also a rash I had developed over the past few days became unbearable.  So I spent all day yetserday in bed.  80B/ night for a bed in the dorm of Banana guest house.  Not bad. I just hope that I have now experienced my only illness for the trip.

Got up today for a walk around town.  Visited several Buddhist temples. Back to bed again though.  Stomach is not very cooperative.

Still no epiphany.

Tonight we intend (I think we, haven't seen Erin and Tony all day.  He loves the scooters.  They visited a monkey trainging farm thing yesterday and I think were off to the disabled school today) to go to a big Thai boxing night.  Not quite sure what to expect.  Saw a little bit on telly in Bangkok but tonight should be quite a spectacle.

Tomorrow I think we will leave Chiang Mai.  Most likely bus again.  Not going to list our possbile destinations because it will probably end up different.

Enjoy work and uni... stick with the books... wouldn't want to become another statistic not having completed a degree but spent months travelling the world.

Xx

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

Comments

1

Hope the toilets are clean. Its good to hear that you are having a great time. Have to go to bed now, unlike some people i have to go to school and get an education.
Love Hayley

Can't wait to look through the millions of photos(snap away). Love Emma

  Hayley Feb 27, 2007 10:11 PM

About lptravel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.