Existing Member?

trust, love, and the unknown Ongoing with no expected outcome!

Chapt 8: Rainbow Chasers

USA | Tuesday, 28 October 2008 | Views [221]

One day i was sitting at the bakery (the volunteer hangout spot where i had a fresh cocnut daily) and i sat and joined this couple from Hungry and began chatting with them. I tell them I am from Boulder Colorado and they quickly knew about Shambhala and unity church. The women - who is a beautiful goddess in her 60's who has reclaimed her life and lives through joy and peace and experiences the magic of the world- begins to tell me about an orphange she is helping and living at. After much conversation we make plans for me and who ever i want to bring to come visit the orphange.

A few days later myself, Sarah, and Heather get picked up by the lovely generous couple and head off into the mountains with another passenger who was just arriving from India and on her way to Vipassina (A 10 day silent meditation retreat)The ride is absolutely beautiful and the women explains how she has come to help out this orphanage. The children are refugees from Bhurma and the man who cares for them does sound healing work with crystal bowls (touring around the world)- and began to work with children in bangkok. his teacher/master/guru told him that his services were more needed in mountain border town villages so he ended up outside of sangklaburi where in support through the magic of the world the land was given to him to build this home and complete his mission. He now has a home with 34 children (which doubled overnight)that he, a few other adults and the couple from hungry care for and provide schooling. My heart was touched by this story

after a moment of silence she explains: oh my goodness you were the fairies in my dream the other night!

on the way in we past pastures of wild buffalo, many farms and flowers, limestone mountainsides, and continue up and down though winding dirt roads. we arrive at the home that is set in oasis setting surrounded by beautiful architecture houses, rich floral and tree backdrops, a lake and children spending time eating and caring for their home. The place was surreal and filled with bliss. THere was something about the energy of the home that was peaceful, healing and hopeful and brought tears to my eyes over and over again.

The Hungarian couple also have fell in love with the place and kirshna (the man whose house it is) and moved their retired life to service with their 85 yeear old mother and their life savings. Now they are helping to raise money to continue to care for, serve, teach and heal these children.

After a while of wandreing around the home I see a picture of Kirshna and everything clicked inside...i have done healing work with him in boulder while walking a labryinth and recieving network chiropratics and furthermore the day after I did that work with him, one of his students who just returned from thailand came to look at my room for rent at scott's house. He told me about his experiences with kirshna after i let him know i was traveling to SE Asia. OH MY SMALL WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The place was so wonderouse and magical sarah and i both felt an instant deep heart-full connection and wanted to move in and stay and help and join there lives and world. After a while we took a walk over to the school house which consisted of one bamboo hut piles of books, a deck of cards, a poster of numbers and letter, a dry erase board, a battery and wire elctronic gadget, and a pile of rocks. The cildren were playing on their own while others were up on the hill side repaeting lessons from a male teacher. we stayed and watched for a while, brought bubbles to show the kids, and tried to learn the games they were playing. We instantly wanted to start teaching a class to them and wondered what kind of learning took place - Save the children - is what our hearts wanted to do.

After spending a fare amount of time there it was time to leave. OUr eyes filled with tears and our hearts broke open even more as we drove away. On our way back we decided to join the drop-off/send-ff trip to the meditation retreat where we got to see more of the magnificent beauty of thailand, stop by glorious waterfalls, ride through more mountains roads (I started to get car sick) share stories, love, laughter and healing, and eventually arrive at the center. The women we were dropping off i could feel was going through intense emotions. She just spent 6 months in india and was getting reafy to go home - spain. she was sad and happy at the same time and  you could sense that she has experienced intense growth and i could feel it - i think this was part of my car sickness and constant crying though out the day. we all shared a lot in the few hours we spent together. She felt honored and we felt blessed to be part of the commmitee to send her off to her final adventure before heading home.

When we pulled up to the center the sky was misting and the sun was shining. as we all offered her strength, support, and wisdom on what she was about to face and experience the sky opened up and a double rainbow appeared to support the magical moment of hugs, tears, silence, and love. As she walked into the center she turned around and said "Wait, I want a picture with my family".

This trip has given me such a great glimpse and reminder of how we (humans) are all connected, we all share heart, and mine seems to be getting broken and opened over and over again by wonderful people from all over the owrld....it has been beautiful, intense, exhausting, learning and healing all at the same time.

On the drive home we saw another rainbow arch its way into the side of a mountain right in front of us. It gave glow to the limestone and broke our hearts open even more...and then again another double rainbow appeared. There were no words left to say to describe and express the feeling and sights we were all sharing together. Soon we all talked about significant times in our lives when rainbows appeared and that moment we decided not only are we healers, learners, world travelers, fairies and bright spirits we were all rainbow chasers!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.