Existing Member?

trust, love, and the unknown Ongoing with no expected outcome!

Bangkok...wow

USA | Monday, 25 August 2008 | Views [467] | Comments [2]

Well I have to say my favorite part so far is taking the boat along the kanal to the different temples. The cool wet breeze is a benefit too! Bangkok is filled with temples, shrines, alters, and Buddahs everywhere. Even in the middle of down town with a huge shopping mall and big flatscreen advertisements you can see people praying to the Geisha. You can buy anything in Bangkok from a bag of breadcrumbs to electronics. It feels like playing monoply with the money and bartering is an ongoing game. Getting into the flow of traveling and connecting with people is getting easier it was neat to sit lastnight at a table with people from all different countries...and lucky me they all spoke English!

Soon I will be heading south on a train and going to a 10 day meditation retreat. I can understand why people say to only spend a few days in Bangkok..thats about all my head and lungs could take!

OH: Check out this website: www.yannarthusbertrand.org. It was an AMAZING exhibit of photos and text from around the world with an earth conscious message!

pictures...maybe soon!

Thanks for reading:)

 

Comments

1

Yo LJ,
glad to hear you are starting to feel a little more settled with being away (I mean with having so much fun this summer at festivals and all). I am always surprised how that works out: I am psyched to travel, initially take a bit to find my zone and self upon arrival, begin finding a groove, and then when it is time to leave sad to do so...Post pictures when you can. Of course, we are all thinking of you and keeping you in mind as you go about your travels so feel the love, it knows no borders!

-Ben

  Ben G. Aug 28, 2008 2:51 PM

2

Hi there! As I write this you are probably on your retreat. Hope it is enlightening and spiritual and all you wish it to be.

We miss you very much here, especially the someone we both care about so much. He is working hard in school, missing you and coming around now and again though not as much as I'd assumed.

Have thought of you often, especially knowing of the unrest there. Sending you tons of white light and know you will be fine.

As a certain screen saver I know of says, "Keep on Path".

Love and light to you, Nancy

  Nancy Calahan Sep 12, 2008 5:10 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.