Existing Member?

Lolo's Travels

Luang Prabang II

LAOS | Wednesday, 11 January 2006 | Views [831]

..............its definately going to be a deal-breaker where the budget is concerned!!!!!!   There is a night market here (I'm still in Luang Prabang, though I leave at 8am tomorrow ....) that is absolutely amazing.  The textiles here are just gorgeous....the silks are reputed to be the best in southeast Asia.  Well, I believe it.  A silk table runner goes for about $6, cheaper still if you want one blended with cotton.  Silk bedspreads for $30, not to mention appliqued cotton EVERYTHING for so cheap.  Its killing me not to go crazy here...and even as I exercise what I consider to be restraint, I've somehow gotten myself quite the reputation amongst my new group of friends....!   But honestly, is that a crime?  I suppose my penance is the fact that I am solely responsible for the transport of these goods ~ and I don't know HOW they are gonna all fit in my backpack. 
                   I'm dreading the packing I have ahead of me tonight.  Theres a certain degree of smooshing and squishing that helps, but I think I'm well beyond that point.  I'll definately be sending a box home in Vientiane, whenever I get there!  (if I make it....!!)   I have been justifying a staggering number of purchases by classifying them as 'gifts'....but don't anyone get your hopes up!   God knows I can rationalize anything, and the ultimate destination of these silks has yet to be determined....!
             So,  I hope you keep your fingers crossed for me, as I struggle to get everything packed away safely ~ safely enough to travel the rest of Laos on my back....
xoxoxo love, Laura
 

Tags: Shopping

About lolo

Me at CKS Intl. Airport, very bored.  I was there from about 12midnight until my flight to Singapore, about 7am.  Ha ha, and also ~ you can see up my nose!  (but I still like this pic....)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.