Existing Member?

Big adventures for a little sheila on a huge island Who knows what'll happen next?

Christmas Day

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 25 December 2007 | Views [235]

I can't quite get my head around the fact that it's Christmas day and it's fairly warm outside. I was looking forward to Christmas lunch outside but it started raining so bang goes my plan for the whole totally different Christmas experience.

It is totally different to what I'm used to though. There are fifteen people for lunch and I only know one of them (my aunt). I feel really homesick at this point. I miss my family and friends so much. Everyone is lovely at my aunts and I'm made to feel really welcome but I miss my mum and brother and sisters.

I'm not sure what they must've thought of me. Probably wondering who the miserable, pommy girl was sat in the corner, who doesn't eat meat, who only perked up after four shots of black sambuca and half a bottle of sparkling Rose that she bought at the vineyards the other day.

It was a different experience (salad on Christmas day) and I was made to feel very welcome, but I wish I was at home, just for today.

Tags: Family

About littlepipes


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.