Existing Member?

here, there & everywhere

Snowbombing!

AUSTRIA | Tuesday, 10 April 2007 | Views [702]

Well after a mamoth bus trip....of which I spent half the time in Mayrhofen, a good hour or so just waiting on the bus, when I could have walked to where I wanted to go, I finally met up with the 3 other Aussies and 2 Brits that I spent the next week with.

Managed to be a complete retard and wreck my knee on the 3rd run...may or may not have something to do with my lack of coordination. Anyways meant I was out of action for a good 2 days..becoming a hob-along! Luckily the sun was shining in the village and the Austrians also produce good food - namely a pork roll!!! pure gold and almost a daily staple.

The Artic Disco was well worth the twenty quid - fifty odd bucks! We managed to score a prime position and didn't let it go the whole night. The crazy street party was also rather entertaining with plenty of punters looking rather 'interesting'.

Jaeger shots were popular, and I was disappointed on several occasions to discover that I was out too late to actually get any hangover food. I politely asked the bouncers one night and they turned to the guy I was with and said 'Is this your girlfriend?? tell her she should get the pots out and cook for you!' GOLD! Love the Austrians!

Anyone who is ever interested in going in the future...let me know - i'll be there with Bells on!

Cheers to Brigid, Aaron, Dave, Ben & Louise for making the week what it was.

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.