Existing Member?

here, there & everywhere

Honeymoon

GREECE | Tuesday, 20 July 2010 | Views [540]

PARIS!!! 


We arrived, rather tired, in Paris on Sunday morning...I had big plans to spend the day shopping in H&M and Zara...alas Paris' shopping on Sunday doesn't exist...and I thought Adelaide could be backward!

Instead we strolled along the Champs Elysee and had a look at the Arc de Triumph and had a little nap before heading out for our big night of seeing gay old Paree...thanks very much to Miss Renton, Mr Lenzi and Miss Shallow!!! We headed to the Eifel tower for dinner on the first platform with a great view, took some happysnaps and then headed off on a river cruise which was great - got to see allsorts of sights Notre Dame, Louvre etc. and then to Moulin Rouge to see the Can Can!


The next day we had two flights...both of which were delayed...so we finally made it to Santorini at about midnight, our wonderful hotel had a snack waiting for us! Kurt was in heaven! Santorini and our hotel were just amazing - the best place we have EVER stayed, the pictures dont do any justice. We woke up each morning to breakfast on our patio with the most amazing view spending the next few days visiting beaches, the local villages, riding around on an ATV, taking a boat ride out to a crappy tourist attraction (if you go, dont bother climbing the 1.5km to see the volcano - it was shit...you can see my unimpressed face in the pics) and obvioulsly eating lotsa of delicious Greek food.

Then we caught this horrid olf Ferry over to Crete, where we are staying in a lovely old villa....but its in the middle of NOWHERE! so we have been driving around getting lost, getting flat tyres, nearly running out of petrol! But we did visit this cool 'hippy' beach whre the hippies used to live in caves and we had lunch at this ultra themed rasta type bar which was good.

Now we are gearing up for the next part of the adventure - SCOTLAND!!!

 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.