Existing Member?

where is laura? Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers. Rainer Maria Rilke

LIMA

PERU | Monday, 20 February 2006 | Views [816] | Comments [2]

couples dancing in Miraflores, Lima

couples dancing in Miraflores, Lima

coming soon.. .lima gets a bad rep, but I wish I could stay longer. the smog was much worse in quito (barley noticed it here). We stayed in Miraflores, a nice neighborhood, with oodles of mouth watering food choices... 25 mins from the center of down. ...

last night went to this amazing beach an hour away, with a friend of a friend of a friend... more on that. holy shit is all I can say right now.

tomorrow we are flying over to lake titicaca.. stay tuned

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

THANK YOU! lima is hevily underrated because of the wether that, during winter, gives it a grey sky that makes smog levels more noticible. Lima, by itself, was the capital of South America for the 16-18th centuries. It offeres Pre-Inca ruins (huacas), colonial buildings (historic Center), and modern comercial areas (San Isidro and Miraflores). I would encourage anyone to visit this UNESCO world heritage site.

  Residente Dec 16, 2006 6:48 AM

2

---clearing a sentence---

when i said that....
"Lima, by itself, was the capital of South America for the 16-18th centuries"
i meant it figurativly. It was the most important city in South America during spanish conquest.

  residente Dec 16, 2006 6:49 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.