Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Shower by Wet Wipes

NEPAL | Sunday, 22 April 2007 | Views [1067]

The guest house accommodations facilities get much less "accommodating" as the altitude goes above 2500M. It's been two days since we've even seen a shower. The "bathroom" consists of a cement block with a piece of tin covering u the sky. No faucet, no water, if you'd like, you can have a bucket of cold water or for 140 rupees, some places would boil you a bucket of warm water to use. Last night we took a cold bucket and bar of soap to wash down, which did nothing to remove the day's grime, sweat and stench. And it felt oh, so nice to crawl into or "mummy" down sleeping bags made of plastic/nylon lining. Sticky sweat from the day's sweat, combined with an over heated sleeping bag stuck like a wet plastic bag to our bodies... makes for a really great night of sleep. Tonight we're trying a new technique - its way too cold even to order a warm bucket of water to stand in the cold to use the warm water. Tonight we're cracking open our last packet of wet wipes and that will need to suffice. At least we kind of smell like a spring fresh floral bouquet.. but the wet wipes leave a sticky, soapy residue.

Tags: Mountains

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.