Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

We've Found New Jobs!

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 17 February 2007 | Views [1483]

Yep, we have now decided we need to go into the wine industry- specifically here at the Plantagenet sales cellar in the Mount Barker wine region in Southwest Australia, just north of Albany.  Here we are pictured serving up tastings to the next batch of Japanese tourists that came through the door.  Actually, there were no large groups of Japanese tourists, but just us, who managed to take over the whole tiny tasting cellar for 2.5 hours this morning/afternoon, while we proceeded to drink our way down their very extensive tasting menu.  We think the very knowledgeable woman behind the tasting counter liked us, or probably just liked to have someone there to talk to on a quiet, rainy Saturday.  She opened up some wines for us to taste that they were not even selling anymore to the public.  We continue to be amazed at how the winetasting works here, and equally pleased at how we can spend an entire afternoon just at one winery.  This winery was small, privately held - Plantagenet.  Famous for their Shiraz, they also did a very nice Riesling, Chardonnay, and Cabernet... And also one not on their tasting menu, a beautiful Cab-Franc (brother Doug, if you're out there reading this, we were thinking fondly of you and our Cab-Franc experience in Napa while indulging today).  They also make a special line just for the US market, so if you see it on the shelves, try a bottle - it's called Bush Bike.

Tags: Work

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.