Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Postcard Perfect Town

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 11 February 2007 | Views [683]

After cruising through the most amazing landscape and seeing a pink lake (from the Beta Carotene in the soil), we were amazed at our next stop.  We "literally" dropped into the town of Kalbarri, where the Murchison River meets the Indian Ocean.  It was an amazing sight that unfolded in front of us.  Red dirt roads spewing thick dust gave way to a light green and blue estuary in front of us.  It's what I imagine the caribbean to look like... The colors so clear and crisp, the sand so white, and the town 3/4th consisting of water, ocean, estuary... This was paradise found.  After weeks of being on the road, and constantly on the move from town to town, we've decided to plant ourselves here for a couple of days and just chill.  Our caravan park has an unobstructed ocean view, just steps to the pristine, crystal clear water.  The fish shop down the road sells the freshest of fish, just in off the pier that evening.  We're loving this simple life here, so much that we'll stay another day in this peaceful, amazing little fishing village.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.