Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Sniffer Beagle in Perth

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 7 February 2007 | Views [798]

Arriving to 38 degree celsius weather in Perth was quite a warm welcome.  Hotter and more frustrating was the fact that all the hostels and backpacker accommodations were booked out.  The woman at the information desk was useless, so we took advantage of the complimentary accommodations phone on the wall and just started ringing places listed.  During this whole process of trying to locate accommodations which took about an hour and a half, if anyone were really paying attention they'd think I have severe ADD.  I was popping in and out of the door, with huge backpack on, cruising in and out of tourists, in my attempt to avoid the airport sniffer beagle and the immigration woman.  You see, in Western Australia, you're not allowed to bring in food, and of course, my pack was full of the left over fruits and other goodies we didn't finish up from the Great Ocean Road trip.  It would be just my luck to get caught by the sniffer beagle and be levied a big fine and escorted out of the state.  Our luck prevailed, I escaped, and Darrin found us a hostel with one room left.  A good night in Perth.

Tags: Airports

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.