Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Pigs in the Park

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 2 February 2007 | Views [601]

You know you're old when people camping next to you make too much noise at night and keep you up.  However, this nights caravan park was a bit over the top.  We awoke at 3:00am, and the couple camping next to us turned up their car stereo full blast for 2 hours.  Dazed and confused, we first thought we were back home, and our loud neighbor to the south of us was back to his antics, a 45 year old acting like a partying teen... But no, Darrin peers outside the van window and a frightening sight- the rotund woman next to us was squatting by her tire, in front of their headlights relieveing herself of all the beer she'd drunk during the night.  At this point we have several options.  1)suck it up and hope their car battery runs out soon; 2)politely ask them to quiet down; and have them pull a gun on us; 3)drive our camper to a different camp site waking up the rest of the park with our headlights and engine noise.  Well, we chose option 1, as did others around us, and the noise subsided around 5:00am - yep, they finally drained the battery.

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.