Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Last Day in Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 28 January 2007 | Views [626]

Our last full day in Sydney with friends has come and it feels like it’s gone by so fast. Probably not for the friends we’ve been staying with who are anxious to get back to the normalcy of their life routine. A big part of this trip for us is spending quality time with friends around the world that we haven’t seen in years- in some cases, over 10 years. The warmth and hospitality of our friends in Sydney has been overwhelming. It feels like I’m still living here, and never left in 1997.

After a sad goodbye to the surf and amazing beaches of the Northern Beaches, we headed back to the city. We ended our time with a group picnic in Russell Lea, flying kites, riding bikes, and playing in the park with the kids... and of course, can’t forget the “Best Fish & Chips in the Universe” that we had for dinner and the yummy marinated baby octopus that is such a delicacy here.

Capped off with fine coffees & tea at Anna & Martin’s, and of course, Tim Tam’s... it was a teary goodbye, and off to the airport the next morning. Good thing our RTW ticket swings us back through Sydney in March 2008. Although we’re not planning to use that ticket... I think it just might be in our best interest for another swing through!

Tags: Friends

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.