Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

One Notch Above Nasty

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 10 January 2007 | Views [857]



… is the type of accommodations that some of our friends have described how they traveled on a budget for similar duration/budget round the world trips. We know we also will get there, but going cold turkey I think would put us in a state of shock from the start. So we’ve chosen the slow drip method. Our apartment is nice, well, too nice for our plans. Our local friend in Auckland suggested we ask for his same discount and it worked. We thought we’d have a look around at some hostels, and see what we need to begin transitioning to… but the low end hostels were the same price as our good apartment deal… without the clean bathroom, bed linens and kitchen. So we’ll stay here for the rest of the week, but then it’s back to one notch above nasty for accommodations as base costs must be managed if we want to eat, drink and be merry.

We bit the bullet today and laid out $6400 USD for our One World Tickets. 12 months * 5 Continents * 20 flight segments. No turning back now!

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.