Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

“Five Dollars Eighty for a Long Black”

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 9 January 2007 | Views [760]



…says the young woman behind the register. Perhaps I’m delerious, after a 14 hour flight, and now that it’s only 6:00am. Or the fact that we’ve been searching for two hours since our 4:00am flight arrival for a cup ‘o caffeine to keep us up till we can check into our apartment at 2:00. But did I hear you right for a small cup of coffee? Yes m’am. That’ll be five dollars eighty please. The harsh reality of being now on a budget is setting in. The next vital step in our journey, weining ourselves off corporate coffee.

This trip is special, as it brings us to see friends around the world that we haven’t seen in years… I mean over ten years in some cases. Call it coincidence, but my former work colleague Alan, from NCR days in the South Pacific, just happened to be in town celebrating his 40th. So we kicked off our trip in style, having the good fortune of meeting his lovely wife Nicki, and very cool group of friends. We experienced the warmth, hospitality and friendship that ties together this close group of New Zealand mates. Immediately we felt at home on the road.

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.