Existing Member?

Let Large Two recently married Tasmanians, flying to the US, with ambitions to buy a bb gun at walmart, be stars in LA by wearing sunlasses indoors, re-marry in Vegas, pack an artery with creole cooking in New Orleans, and determine whether America needs saving

iMission unbloggable

USA | Monday, 21 March 2011 | Views [472]

For a country that that boasts the invention of a steam turbine generator, homed the first air-conditioned hospital, and offers sublime wireless internet speed in almost every hotel anywhere in this fair country, why is writing a travel blog in the USA more difficult than bending space and time?
Multiple reasons rain on my parade like a turd on an anthill. There is no reasonable travel plan for micro-sims in an iPad, so don't bother thinking you can travel and ride the high of a completely portable Internet, gps, and hotel booking device...let alone blogging.  USA is completely wired for home Internet, and wireless at select outlets.  Needless to say, it is completely useless on the road, but when you get it, the speed is exceptional.  
Yes I am traveling with an iPad.  The tool is amazing, and I compare it to inventions like the telephone, but there is some way to go before the tool takes advantage of all capabilities.
I also cannot upload pictures to my blog with the iPad. My blog site, combined with the iPad do not mix.  I consider it lucky I am getting anything out at all.
So for those who are reading these blogs, my apologies for their not being more stories, but I am limited by this unfortunate combination.

About largeone

Pub

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.