Existing Member?

Let Large Two recently married Tasmanians, flying to the US, with ambitions to buy a bb gun at walmart, be stars in LA by wearing sunlasses indoors, re-marry in Vegas, pack an artery with creole cooking in New Orleans, and determine whether America needs saving

Botswana: No. 1 Ladies Hair Stylist

BOTSWANA | Tuesday, 3 July 2007 | Views [2084] | Comments [2]

Creator of the Botswana renowned "pero-perm" Mma Rotswe waits excitedly once more for a customer.  Mma has taken the BBH (Botswana's Best Hair Stylist) award in consecutive years with her unbeatable: Peroxide-Perm, which involves unloading a can of hairspray onto a short-curl perm.  It is performed under the watchful eyes of Mma Rotwe's assistant who waits patiently on standby with a fire extinguisher in case Mma Rotswe's cigarette ash ingnites the clients head. 

Although Mma Rotswe does not excel in male hairstyling, her assistant Mma Gigi can perform them if required under the strict supervision of Mma Rotswe using battery operated clippers and an upside down margerine container which Mma Gigi places on the clients head and insists it is only used as a guide.

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

That hair studio seems a little up market.
The margerine container look is so hot right now.
That Derek guy never replied. i was hoping for a hook line and sinker and a shreik of "back 'er up skip".

  Ezza Jul 4, 2007 8:53 PM

2

I'm curious to learn how other countries view natural hair. I thought you all might be able to shed some light on the subject since this article is discussing a perm technique. My blog entry discusses the battle between "good hair" and "bad hair" in the United States, but I was wondering if there is something similar in other areas.
http://hallchristine373.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/good-hair-vs-bad-hair-the-birth-of-the-battle/

  Christine Nov 7, 2013 6:21 PM

About largeone

Pub

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.