Existing Member?

Let Large Two recently married Tasmanians, flying to the US, with ambitions to buy a bb gun at walmart, be stars in LA by wearing sunlasses indoors, re-marry in Vegas, pack an artery with creole cooking in New Orleans, and determine whether America needs saving

How to Gate-Crash a Singaporean Wedding

SINGAPORE | Sunday, 24 May 2009 | Views [2335]

It's easy.  Pretend you are someone entirely different.  We followed a car with ribbons on it to the Regent Hotel.  Once we located the reception I stepped in and said that I was Hugh Jackman, and Jasmine said that she was Renee Zelweiger.  They were so delighted that we'd shown an interest, we were invited to the VIP table with the brides family.  It was going very well, as Jasmine was producing her best Bridget Jones British accent - had the audience in histerics by the way, but when I was asked to rip my shirt off and eject metal claws from between my fingers, I understandable was feeling some performance anxiety.  So I excused myself, just before the demonstration and climbed my way out of the bathroom window.  Not sure what happened to Jasmine, haven't spoken since yesterday evening. 

On a girlfriend side note:

Wanted to mention just how amazing the wedding was.   It turned out that we were amongst the guests of honor and were seated with the brides family.  apparantly thats a big thing in their culture. most of the family was pretty intreagued that there were these two australians who were at the wedding, and indeed, pretty interested in the wedding process. We were treated like family and everyone went out of their way to make us welcome and explained most facets of the day to us. So huge thanks to those who were there and looked after us.

Tags: weddings

About largeone

Pub

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.