Existing Member?

Let Large Two recently married Tasmanians, flying to the US, with ambitions to buy a bb gun at walmart, be stars in LA by wearing sunlasses indoors, re-marry in Vegas, pack an artery with creole cooking in New Orleans, and determine whether America needs saving

Is The Mona Lisa really Mona?

FRANCE | Monday, 11 June 2007 | Views [2102] | Comments [6]

It has always been a point of conjecture whether the Mona Lisa Portraite is in fact the wife of Francesco del Giocondo.  The proof of such a connection is whimsical at best, and it has been strongly debated that the portraite is of Leonardos much adored Henriettè DèOrsay who often tended to Leonardos house duties such as turning down his bed sheets and cooking him pan-base Pizza for breakfast.  Apprently she was a close family friend before she worked exclusively for Leonardo - as she moved from house keeper to muse later in her tenancy.  When Leonardos mother and father realised a growing love between the two, his father attempted to divide them by grounding Leoardo for a month, he was not allowed any gilato, and he was not allowed to ride his fathers horse for a couple of weeks.

The ethereal backround of the painting represents a mythical world of sorts, although Anton Jeè al notes that it is nothing special, and the smile of Henriettè's face is one of amusement as Leonardo had asked her to cook him a Crepè - a food of which she knew nothing of but insisted on having a go.

I have been to the Louve today and quite frankly the Mona Lisa is nothing to write home about.  I mean it is so damn small and frankly it aint that interesting.  On the other hand the Louvre itself is amazing.  And I hate art, and even I enjoyed it.  Im a little drunk at the moment so if my little blurb is below standard I apologise but its only going to get worse from here so if you are faint of heart don't continue to read.

Actually I am not going to write what I was about to.  I am drunk, but not that drunk so I wont.  Anyway, speak soon;

Tags: culture

Comments

1

I think you would be interested in something I found about the Mona Lisa confirming your suspicion. Its on my web site itsjustlife.com Let me know what you think or if you took any pictures of the mona lisa when you saw her!

  Derek Bair Jun 11, 2007 9:51 AM

2

I hate to be a stickler Adrian, but you appear to have contradicted yourself in the first sentence of the third paragraph, where you wrote home to say that the Mona Lisa was nothing to write home about. Well, what's it to be: write home or don't write home? You can't sit on the fence, especially if you are, as you say, drunk.

Perhaps you could combine your love of drink with your hatred of art to inspire a relaxed indifference to both. Visit the Louvre pissed. Visit it stoned. Visit is pissed and stoned. Visit it pissed and stoned and tripping. Document your findings. That would be considered a form of art.

I visited Derek Bair's website for 5 seconds and concluded that he was a devious conspiracy theorist out to fleece fools (for they and their money are soon parted) of their cash; as opposed to a run-of-the-mill conspiracy theorist like yourself.

Keep the good, bad, and indifferent news coming. I look forward to your triumphant return. I have begun preparations for the feast - roasted pheasant, and perhaps a piglet with an apple in it's mouth - and have booked Perth's best brass band.

See you there.

Michael.

  Michael Outhwaite Jun 18, 2007 5:49 PM

3

Who is this Derek Guy??
And why is he getting all emotional??

  Ezza Jun 26, 2007 7:47 PM

4

Ezza, I don't know who he is. Just a bloke who is writing a book on Mona Lisa. The thing is, nothing I write is true, so most of the facts I talk about in my articals are losely connected to a truth...as you well know. I don't pretend that I know what I'm saying.

Mona can make people emotional.

  largeone Jul 3, 2007 7:15 PM

5

Well any woman known as a mona would make any bloke emotional!

  Ezza Jul 4, 2007 9:00 PM

6

Amen to that!!

  largeone Jul 10, 2007 11:00 AM

About largeone

Pub

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.