Existing Member?

Let Large Two recently married Tasmanians, flying to the US, with ambitions to buy a bb gun at walmart, be stars in LA by wearing sunlasses indoors, re-marry in Vegas, pack an artery with creole cooking in New Orleans, and determine whether America needs saving

The Miracle of St Peters

ITALY | Thursday, 31 May 2007 | Views [1015]

It is said that by standing in the afternoon sunlight shed from the dome aloft of St Peters Cathederal, ones sins can be forgiven.  However don't bask in it for two long as the complex concave curvature of the stainglass window intensifies the sun passing through it, and some desperate sinners have required hospitalisation with second degree burns.

A new addition to services provided by St Peters Church are Drink stations and medical staff that are on call during working hours and are mainly there to attend false stigmata claims and other minor miracles.  On one occassion an elderly man confessed to being able to see again, but in his frenzied excitement accidently impaled himself on a crusifix at the church alter.  Emergency staff also hand out bottled water after 10pm when the Vatican City is transformed into one of the worlds biggest Discoteks - Complete with glitter ball and guest DJ appearence by Pope Benedict.  His specialty being an eclectic mix of Sermon and Snoop Dog.

Italy has been fantastic.  Met a few Brazilians and we tore up Italy, Going from Rome to Firenze to Sienna, to Balogna, to Milan.  I am still in Italy, and I will update again about my travels here when I get a chance.  The food is senational. Pizza, pizza, and spagetti, and other tomato meaty food.  I will expand on this further in some later entries.

Tags: Culture

About largeone

Pub

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.