Existing Member?

Let Large Two recently married Tasmanians, flying to the US, with ambitions to buy a bb gun at walmart, be stars in LA by wearing sunlasses indoors, re-marry in Vegas, pack an artery with creole cooking in New Orleans, and determine whether America needs saving

Jordan - Chewing The Fat With The Beduin

JORDAN | Tuesday, 15 May 2007 | Views [2165]

The Beduin

The Beduin

The Beduin are self sufficient people from a proud backround and quite often eat chicken, baked potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, onion, garlic, and numerous other delights, and for one extra Dinar they will dance to Michael Jacksons "Thriller.  However they have been known to do it for marijuana also, because once night arrives the Beduin people enjoy nothing more than toking their bong.  Of course the tourists are offered apple flavoured nicotine free tobacco as if to emulate their lifestyle, but once the friendship bong is passed around the campfire, the Beduin begin their nightly ritual of drug enduced enlightment. Once Western tourists have left their campsite, they have been known to indulge in Coco Pops and Corn Flakes for breakfast, followed up by Pizza Hut pizza for lunch.  And as if punishment for their indiscretion, they will eat what they give their camels for Dinner - nothing.

Actually the Beduin are great.  They cooked us a really tasty feast of chicken tomatoes potatoes and other things, and we took a ride on camels, jeeped the desert of Wadi rum, took heaps of pictures.  Oh and I went snorkiling 2 km's off the Saudi border.  And we Stayed in aqaba which shared a border with Israil amd Egypt, it was crazy stuff. 

Tags: Culture

About largeone

Pub

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Jordan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.