Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

National Treasure, Backwards

USA | Saturday, 3 October 2009 | Views [176]

I went from the Christmas City to the birth of the USA, and now where the President lives. 

The birth of the USA being at Independence Hall, Philadelphia, PA.  It was my first time there.  Kris (my co-worker) and I met up with two other co-workers in the same area at the time, Christina and Rachel.  We stayed in a house that already had two girls and two women in the house.  So really with the four of us added, there were 8 women in the house.  Sharing one bathroom. 

The main events of our Philly tour, of course, was seeing all the historic places like Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the Love sculpture, Benjamin Franklin's grave, etc.  And then, of course, the Philly Cheese Steak.  I do love me a good cheese steak.  MmMM.  So we spent Friday night and all Saturday walking around seeing sights, taking pictures, and eating.  It was fun with another team, mixing up the company a little bit.  Because let's face it, one the road with one other person that you share space with day in and day out with can get a little old if there isn't a change of scenery every now and then!  That is just the simple traveler's truth.

So this week was a full week.  I believe it's the first time that we actually had a school a day, if not two a day, all five work days.  I was looking forward to this weekend, though, because it is a long weekend, since our show was canceled for Monday.  Kris and I are in Washington, D.C. until Tuesday morning.  Kris is staying with her aunt and uncle, and I have a good friend that lives literally 1.0 miles (according to GoogleMaps) away.  So it worked out very nicely for us to part our ways for the weekend. 

The girl I'm staying with I met in the Dominican Republic, as she was my tour leader.  We kept in touch, and last winter, while I was in Istanbul, so was she, so she had me stay over her grandmother's place for a night.  We caught up after a two year absence.  So here we are again meeting for the first time on USA soil.  So I'm in this house that is shared by five people together.  They are a good bunch, and I know it'll be a good weekend! There are a few things I need to do while I am here, and priority one is seeing the National Archives, then the Holocaust Museum, and the Smithsonian (natural history I think).  The FBI would be cool to see, as well as the Pentagon.  Oh, and the Spy Museum. 

I feel like these entries are so mediocre compared to what is all in my head of all the beautiful things I have witnessed on this trip, but I get so busy if not sleepy when I get a sec to write in here.  So I do apologize for lack of elaboration. 


Until next time, good night, dear void.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.