Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Maryland

USA | Wednesday, 16 September 2009 | Views [265]

After Maine, we drove down to Baltimore to couchsurf.  The girl that was hosting us actually was going to a theatre performance that night.  We would have went with her, but we had to be up at an ungodly hour once again.  

She had us have our run of the place--these couchsurfers are so trusting, it's a beautiful thing.  Though she was gone most of the night, she pointed me in the direction of a climbing gym and a coffee shop.  I was so tired from the drive, I opted for the coffee shop and did my paper work there, which was One World Cafe right across the street from Hopkins U.  I got caught up in a random convo with a girl sitting next to me.  Strangers and a cup of chai.  Good times.  I just hope we come back to the area because our hostess was super cool; good conversation when she came back from the theatre, I feel like we could be good friends! (isn't that how it usually is with fellow-travelers?)


We're in Lusby, MD tonight staying with a pastor and his wife.  They responded to an email I sent to the local churches for places to stay.  They were gracious in accepting our request as well as feeding us (always a good thing!).  Then we went for a walk in the Solomons, where there is this little island that you cross a small stream to get into.  The sun was already set, but my cool little Nikon got some pretty slow-shutter shots, even without having a tripod (so a little blurry).

We have some shows tomorrow around here, then on Friday in Deleware, then we are off again into Pennsylvania for the weekend in this little artsy town called Bethlehem.  I'm excited to go; we'll be couchsurfing.  Did I mention yet how much I love couchsurfers???

Until next time, good night, dear void.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.