Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Camfel Productions: Training Day 1

USA | Monday, 10 August 2009 | Views [373]

"...And Samuel cried out to the LORD for Israel, and the LORD answered him. As Samuel was offering up the burnt offering, the Philistines drew near to attack Israel. But the LORD thundered with a might sound that day against the Philistines..." 1 Samuel 7:9-10

Our team manager, Andrew, led us in short devotion this evening after a very very very long hot and sticky day with the above passage (we had breakfast at 6:30am and finished the day around 7:30pm).  He drew attention to Samuel crying out to the Lord, and the Lord answering with thunder against Israel's enemies.  He told us that there will be times where we get frustrated while on the road and will want to quit, or will feel insignificant, but he also encouraged us to cry out to the Lord, because ultimately He is in complete control.


I arrived yesterday afternoon here in La Puente at the Latin American Bible Institute where we are staying in dorms while students are out of session.  It's totally college life meets spiritual boot camp meets technical school.  I love it. The people here are Christians from all over the United States, and already in the first day I have become more excited to be on the road for the aspect of fellowship.


Just to clear up some ideas about Camfel for those who are wondering, what the heck did Lara get into this time, here is some of its background "Camfel Productions' three screen presentations are designed to promote positive values, such as dedication, patience and courage..."  So it's basically an elaborate video production. So I'm here learning how to set up and take down and put together elaborate video presentations involving many pieces of expensive equipment.  The training is for two weeks (it used to be one month), after which we two by two will go out into the world in our vans and road-trip throughout the US (we decide partners and regions later).

More than just a video production, these productions are made with Biblical principles in mind, but put in the context of secular high school settings.  It invites conversation, and more than just a video production company, Camfel is first a ministry. What I like about it is that it's focus is not only the students, but its technicians. Camfel's goals is to make stronger Christians standing in a world of unbelief and cynicism.  It'll be a different kind of journey for all of us, and I'm excited for that.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.