Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Back in Madrid, Off to Ireland

SPAIN | Tuesday, 17 February 2009 | Views [561] | Comments [2]

After Seville, I headed to Cordoba to gaze at what Rough Guides says is "the grandest and most beautiful mosque ever constructed by the Moors."  It is now a Cathedral.  I was only going to stay one night, but the Juderia (Jewish quarter) was so enchanting, I stayed an extra night.  My roommates at the hostel were Spainsh, Italian, and Turkish.  So I got to practice my forgotten languages a bit. =)

I got back to Madrid late, but was happy to be reunited with Swayni after nearly two weeks adventuring in the south.  The next day was Valentine's day, and since Swayni and Isabel's boyfriends were in the Dominican, we three and three others of Swayni's classmates had a girls night, which included Tinto de Verano, ice cream, brownies, and Sex and the City the movie.  It was needless to say a late night, and we sang to Swayni at midnight for her birthday.  She is now in the much prestigious 26 Club, just like me =) hehe.  Oh well, you are only as young as you feel. 

The next day was the much-anticipated International Dinner.  Swayni's classmates held a get-together at one of their apartments and everyone had to bring a dish of their country.  Since I didn't think hamburgers and hotdogs would have been too exciting, I just did the simple Filipino steaks and pork chops with onions.  I made a point to also cook rice (of course), but we ended up not wanting to take it with us as we already had so much to carry on the metro.  The party itself of course was a hit, and even though I couldn't understand everything that was being said, I still had so much fun.  We played a few games, one of which I will bring back to America (so ask me when you see me next!) that made me laugh harder than I can remember ever laughing before.

Yesterday I spent in Salamanca.  It's three hours away, but I didn't want to pay for another night of lodging if I had a free bed at Swayni's.  So I just spent 7 hours there.  I could tell, however, that the night life would have been really fun as there were so many students studying there.  I felt like I belonged, going around with my little backpack =)

Now I am headed to Dublin.  For a laugh (and a little sympathy) please check out www.sleepinginairports.com and check out where I will be staying one night since my flight is late and I do not want to pay for one more night.  Oh, sleeping in airports.  Airports, ferries, buses, and even in the back of a pizza parlor.  This life is crazy.  And wonderful.

God is good.  All the time.

Comments

1

And all the time, God is good. :-)

Safe travels sister... can't wait to see you. xoxo

  "Sister" Feb 18, 2009 6:10 PM

2

PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!! (= xoxoxoxoxoxoox

  rrica Feb 18, 2009 10:36 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.