Existing Member?

Living out of a Backpack

Sailing Croatia

CROATIA | Wednesday, 12 May 2010 | Views [682] | Comments [1]

I should think by this stage, you are all sick and tired of our blog but we thought we will keep this up to date. Here are a few lines about Montenegro and Croatia.

Montenegro - A very small country, beautiful coast line. Great mountain ranges.
The highlight is Kotor, a UNESCO heritage and beautiful walled town nestled around the fjord and surrounded by mountains.

Croatia - Picked up a cruise from Split and travelled around the southern islands to Dubrovnik. Sailed on a small vessel carrying just 20 passengers (17 of them are Aussies and Kiwis!). Did lots of swimming (jumping off the boat), reading, eating and relaxing. It was what we needed a week of doing very little and it is the best (and only) way to see the beautiful Croatian coast.

Left here for Plitvice National Park, a gorgeous area of lakes, waterfalls and fresh air. Spent many hours walking. From here, it was to Pula and then onto Venice, Italy.

Click here for more photos in Montenegro and Croatia

Next Stop : 6th May - 28th May Around Italy

Comments

1

Hi Guys,

Sounds as if you are having a great time! Good to see the old mixing the salad in a plastic bag from Japan 07 is coming in handy.

Love,

Paul and Susannah

  Paul and Susannah May 19, 2010 5:03 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.