Existing Member?

Living out of a Backpack

Skiing and Sailing

BULGARIA | Friday, 12 March 2010 | Views [599] | Comments [3]

Well we are back again after a great week learning to ski in the Bulgaria mountains. Our next stop, or Shawn's next stop will be the 2014 Winter Olympics representing Malaysia at downhill.

Weather was fantastic, plenty of snow, cold temperature and very cheap apres ski, which we took advantage of plenty of time.

Only downside of the week was that we arrived Saturday and all our luggage arrived monday night - not too clever skiing without the appropriate gear (we were in jeans).

Currently we are spending a week in Cornwall with Andrew's sister. Went sailing yesterday and were joined by a pod of twelve dolphins, weather here is spectacular, cold and clear and it's a fitting end to the UK which we leave next thursday for Mykonos, Greece.

Whilst writing this, we would like to thank all family and friends for their hospitality whilst we have been in the U.K., it's been great to catch up with you all and we really appreciate everything you have done for us.

Hope everyone else is well, shall write again from Europe and please keep the comments coming in.

Click here for more photos Skiing and Sailing 

Next Stop : 18th March - Greece and around Europe

Tags: skiiing

Comments

1

Hey Guys!

Great to hear that all's well. Actually, it's not. I wish it was horrible. I'm so green! Hehe... Not really, but your travels sure have expanded the horizon of interest in exploring some more destinations, eventually.

It seems I'm lagging behind you in your travels. I'll arrive in London again on 22 Mar, after leaving Sydney on 20 Mar. Yet again, any chance of catching up has dissipated. Never mind. I'll think of you down below on each of the four passes I make over Europe in the coming couple of weeks, albeit that I'll probably be a good bit further north.

Wishing you continued adventure and enjoyment, and that your luggage arrives in the same place as you at the same time. What a nuisance when that doesn't happen, but dare I say it, you'll be quite fortunate if it only goes missing once across all your travels. Fingers crossed!

Cheers!

W :)

  Wayne Mar 12, 2010 12:00 PM

2

Hi Shawn& Andrew!

One look at your photos tell me that you're having a great time. By the way, your photos are amazing especially the 'joined' panoramic ones. They make me feel like I'm there! Talking about 'variety' of destination & activities. I'm also green with envy.

When you get the chance, please give me details and tips about Europe, I have booked my annual leave and decided I will be going to Europe for 2 months (mid Sep-mid Nov). I negotiated very hard for those 2 months, pitiful isn't. But I've got it.! See what you guys did! Your blogs and photos are really enticing!

Anyway, carry on lads! Be safe and have a great time. I'm off to the North Sydney Market for some 'little' pancakes and cappuccino....my little piece of heaven.



  Romina Mar 13, 2010 11:29 AM

3

hi guys hows or how was greece good a bit cold or not bad Well all is well we are off camping next week at forster so that will be good apart from that the same old routine unforturnely off thorough africa next of are you all ready there well keep on cruising watch out for the lions andrew I hear they like white man
bye for now kirk janet and kids

  kirk Apr 11, 2010 5:50 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Bulgaria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.