Existing Member?

Lauren's Space "Shenonkablonk."

November 5th

BELGIUM | Wednesday, 5 November 2008 | Views [666]

Not very much has happened lately. I still have a job and am still doing the dutch course. I still wont answer if someone talks to me in dutch though so probably dont bother trying.I reply a bit in dutch at work and most of the time i get laughed at so i generally dont now.

I got an email a week or so ago from my insurance company, lovely world nomads here. they have denied my claim and wont pay me anything towards my luggage theft so i dont recommend them as a reliable company. Its a pretty big bummer for me to get that news, and now they are not even replying to my appeal.

I also have not gotten my british passport and they wont give me information about the status of my passport application unless i call them and pay nearly 2euros a minute by credit card to listen to their excuses. The process is supposed to take 10days and they recieved it in september.

Two things i do have back now are my australian passport and an ipod. they cost me over 300euros together but its still good to have at least something back. The ipod is thanks to two of my customers at work who when i told them i was saving for an ipod, they bought onefor me tax free when they flew over to england for a week home. they brought it back for me and i paid them and iv been really happy with it so im really grateful to them.

im a bit down in the dumps at the moment because im sick for the 3rd time in a month. first i had a cold, then i had an eye infection, and now my throat feels like its got glass stuck in it and has been rubbed by sandpaper.

ummm what have we been up to though... we have been to the movies a few times and seen tropic thunder and some others. it was pretty good and i liked it a lot. ummm next tuesday is remembrance day and we are going to flanders field which will be interesting since i had to learn a bit about it in school. iv also booked my plane ticket to go to england on the 23rd of december but i will be back in time for new years. then my mum will come over for a few days to see gent and thats going to be fun. im thinking of the jenever bar since thats what i did the first night i was in gent.

oh and judging by the date of my last entry, i havent mentioned our anniversary. on the 18th of october we went out for dinner and drank cocktails and had a really really good night out. parci wore a suit and looked awesome ^^ we ended up home some time between 3am and 6am i believe so it was a really swell night out.

on sunday night that just passed, i stayed the night at a Ola's place from work with another girl as well, because today ola left to go backpacking in portugal and god knows where else. we had chips and pizza for dinner, and i had pizza, ice cream, and a polish dessert for breakfast. ola was the chef at the pub i work in so im going to miss her a lot. she made my dinners!! but the two newbie chefs are quite alright too so i still get food. but il still miss ola

ummmm

hmmmmm

dear god i want to amputate my own throat is that normal??

by the by, i also got a facebook now so if u havent added me u can do so

oh coolio parci just found a pack of cards so we shall battle in some friendly games in which i shall beat him

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xox

 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.