Existing Member?

My Treasure Box My tresure box is full of friends who were once strangers, unexpected beauty upon the path and those who travel with me in the suitcase of my heart. These treasures have brought more meaning and beauty into this wonderful life God has given me.

Wwoofing in Golden Bay with Kelsey

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 24 November 2009 | Views [98]

I woke this morning to an orange sky above blue waters.  I looked out the window as the view outside filled me and then I drifted back to sleep.  I'm now in Golden Bay wwoofing for a week with Kelsey Chandler on her lifestyle block with several gardens, many fruit and nut trees, a witches brew of comfrey and an assortment of manures for fertilizer, 2 chickens (named Brad and Angelina, Jen had died), a cow and 2 sheep.  Kelsey is a chiropracticor, makes glass bead jewerly, is originally from California and spent 6 years living on a sailboat travelling the world with her family, raising and home-schooling her 2 boys.  Kelsey is bold and full of interesting stories that she doesn't hesitate to share with us.  She is also very active in the online dating world as she seeks to find her life-long partner.

...

Tonight was a magical night.  Jeanna and I sat on Kelsey's deck and watched the sun make his decent.  Barn swallows danced around and above our heads flying back and forth with food for their young nesting behind us.  The hawk flew past me several times along with several wood pigeons.  The sun went down between 2 mountains casting golden light onto the hovering clouds above and hints of pinks, blues and purples out onto the ocean beside us.  I sat there captivated.  I couldn't stop smiling.  As cool filled the night with the suns absent we moved indoors, built a fire, popped popcorn and spent the night in each others company reading, writing and painting.

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.