Existing Member?

My Treasure Box My tresure box is full of friends who were once strangers, unexpected beauty upon the path and those who travel with me in the suitcase of my heart. These treasures have brought more meaning and beauty into this wonderful life God has given me.

An inspiring weekend in Coromandel

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 5 November 2009 | Views [138] | Comments [2]

About 2 weeks ago I spent a long weekend in Karuna Falls solar eco-village wwoofing.  This weekend was my favorite weekend in New Zealand so far.  Here is my journal entry from that timel:

Pure energy has filled me and my inspiration of this place and the people here is of the highest.  I sit now with a waterfall behind me and one dropping below me.  The Goddess of the Falls, the last Kaori tree standing in this land is beside me watching over the water, glowing in the afternoon sunlight.  The mountain before me is lined with trees and solar powered houses are tucked into its crevaces and the valley below.  The people that live in these sustainable homes call themselves hobbits.

Stephanie is our wwoof host and such an example to me of the woman I one day want to be.  Her parents died when she was 20 so she felt as if the world was her home and spent her youth travelling before her partner and her decided to plant themselves here with a vision for the community in the 70s.  Others with a repsect and love for the land and desire to live together came and joined them.  Stephanie told me that she started with a pair of old boots and nothing more.  Over the years she has taught herself everything and built the home we have gardened around this weekend, shared many wholesome meals together in and had a candle-lit birthday celebration for Katie last night with many instruments, a lot of old and wise hippies, Kat, Jeanna, and the other wwoofer Adrian who is from France and decided to join our odd little family.  We will be leaving tomorrow and going to pick asparagus for a week to make some extra money. 

I believe that I will return to this place and I know that my vision for my own life is starting to unravel further in my imagination. 

Comments

1

we check your journal every day and also check for pictures. Today was a great day cause we finally saw the piced tures fro N.N.Z. Loved them. We miss you but glad you can write and make us part of your journey Stay safe and we love you up to the sky!!

  Nonniemjb Nov 6, 2009 4:46 AM

2

I recieved your card! THANK YOU! I love you and miss you so much! Thanks for the updates. My prayers are with you:)I'm excited for God to be building such a character or love and light to show to these people as well as you glorify God is what you do and in trusting in His providence and love as well.

  Nicole Nov 13, 2009 3:09 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.