Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

Sand, sunburn, and salt water

PERU | Friday, 8 June 2007 | Views [753] | Comments [2]

And I have arrived in magical Mancora, a sunny beach town in North-Western Peru! Let me tell you it is heaven. Miles of beach hugging pristine-clean and clear waters of the sea, bamboo-with-straw-roofed shops selling sarongs, shell and hemp necklaces, turtle shells (ILLEGAL AND WRONG BTW but still available for whatever reason), and tie dyes, surfers, gorgeous people everywhere you look...perfection!

I swam for hours yesterday; the water is cold enough to cool you down but is far better than a pool for its temperature, no plants or rocks at the bottom, totally clear, with nice waves. The beach is littered with beautiful tropical shells, and the sun is SCORCHING. My back and chest are so ridiculously red right now, and my skin is itchy from the salt water, and I can't get the sand out of my hair or off my body, and I love it. There are hippies and rasta-types juggling and selling jewellry everywhere, and you can hear reggae playing on the beaches, and if I liked year-round hot sun more, I would 100% move here. Awesome.

And either later or tomorrow, FINALLY, there will be pictures. I finally got them onto a CD so they will up for your perusal! None from the beach yet, only Quito and a bit of Ecuador, but those will be along shortly, as well.

¡Hasta luego!

Tags: beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW JEALOUS I AM OF KIRSTEN
SDJFKLDSAFDAJKFLDSAFJDALFDA

maybe i'll have to make a stop there on my trip, it sounds lovely.
oh kirsten!
i'm going to be teaching english in the Amazon when i go!!

(: thought i'd let you know!

  Maddy Jun 8, 2007 11:16 AM

2

Hey doll. Sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the pics. Be safe. Luv u

  Aunt Brenda Jun 9, 2007 12:06 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.