Existing Member?

Roving Wild Little adventures through this bea-U-tiful planet of ours :)

First day out

CANADA | Saturday, 12 May 2007 | Views [496] | Comments [1]

I woke up this morning to a BEAUTIFUL sunny day, a nice beginning to Ecuador. I paid for my night and then went out wandering the streets. Last night when I had arrived a lot of thoughts were going through my hazy head, after seeing the vastness of the city them mostly being "ohmygodohmygodohmygod what am I doing what am I doing I can't stay here I am NOT leaving the hostel."

Then this morning, in the sun, it was a world of difference. I explored for an hour, bought breakfast- great prices! Breakfast was a croissant with cheese, coffee, fresh juice, and a plate of scrambled eggs, all for $1.30! And walking around, I see the normal cost for breakfast or lunch is around that price, which is quite surprising. Plus, I'm having things I normally wouldn't (like eggs- usualy ugh, but they're not too too bad), which is cool. It's so easy to get stuck eating the same things, hopefully being here will make me branch out a bit.

Someone gave me a link to a lady who teaches one-on-one Spanish for $5 an hour, and apparently she's very good. So I applied online and am waiting to hear back. I'm thinking maybe 4 hours a day for a week or week and a half, with Saturday and Sunday off. It's mindblowing to know that, at any time, if I want to I can just get up and take off to another city/country. I can see my definition of "normal" will be changing really quickly!

It was HOT. I expected to need my toque down here- oh no. 20-25 degrees by 10:30am.

And PS: The toilet paper is not bad! Everyone warned me it would be crazy, but it's totally fine! You just can't flush it...I guess the sewage system here isn't that fantastic so toilet paper goes in the garbage bin after use. Which is new, but not terrible. I love this place :)

Tags: adventures

Comments

1

ahaha neat! its so cheap there! You could live there for a year with your savings and never work!
but don't! I miss you already you big evil wench whore who is taunting me with your gone-ness

  Marlyn May 14, 2007 9:15 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.