Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 133 - Medellin

COLOMBIA | Monday, 20 October 2014 | Views [272]

Woke up still feeling ill from the night before. Not sure whether it is a stomach bug or something food related but regardless it isn’t fun. That said, I was determined to try and get out and about and not waste a full day.

While feeling sorry for myself in bed I decided that it was time to invest in a new computer and found out that there was a Mac store at a nearby mall. Despite paying more than I would for the computer at home and the fact it has a spanish keyboard I am now the second time proud owner of a Macbook air. Having this computer means I can back up all my photos, write proper journal entries and do travel research far easier. My poor old iPhone is about to die too so the computer purchase was very timely. 

It had poured with rain all day with no sign of easing up - hardly inviting activity weather but I decided to venture out to the Medellin Museum of Modern Art. After walking for 30 minutes or so in the torrential rain I was rewarded with a world class museum (still a far cry from MONA) and had a fantastic afternoon taking in the exhibits and strolling around. 

Once back at the hostel Becky and I decided to head out to an indian place recommended by a local guy we met. It was fantastic, but expensive and we pretty much blew our budget for the day on that meal! Got to be done sometimes eh?

Both of us were wrecked so spent a night chilling at the hostel, minus the vino tinto and doing some trip admin. 

 

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.