Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 132 - Medellin

COLOMBIA | Monday, 20 October 2014 | Views [272]

After another very early morning bedtime we dragged ourselves up an hour or two after getting into bed to make it on time to the free walking tour we had signed up for in Medellin. Feeling less than average we made our way through the four hour tour around the city. It poured with rain pretty much the entire time but that didn’t dampen the whole experience (haha pun intended).

Our guide Hernando was nothing on Paola or Nicholas and the walking tour didn’t totally rock my world but was a great way to see some of the city’s democratic architecture, Gomez’s murals and get acquainted with the downtown area. We also sussed out a few good spots to try some traditional paisa cuisine - Bandeja Paisa and torta negro. 

After the walking tour we treated ourselves to a $9 pedicure - it wasn’t the best but god it was nice just to sit in a massage chair and have someone try and revive my travellers feet. Even though I managed to smudge the red nail polish on my toes before I even left the salon that small indulgence was worth it!

Becky and I cooked up another feast for dinner - steak, broccoli, red cabbage and mushrooms with a little vino tinto. We were again the envy of the hostel kitchen and even more so when we disclosed that we had made at least 8 meals between us (including steak fest) for $8 each!

Our plans were to head to a local Salsa club famous for their Tuesday fiesta. Unfortunately I felt so unwell after dinner I had to go straight to bed and didn’t surface for a good 9 hours. I missed a great night out but there was no way I was in any condition to go anywhere other than bed. 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.