Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 78 - Juayua

EL SALVADOR | Saturday, 16 August 2014 | Views [209]

We decided to head out along the Rutas de Las Flores (Route of Flowers) for a couple of days and then head back to San Salvador in time to dive the volcano cater with Mario on Sunday.

We left out big packs at the hostel in San Salvador & headed off to the bus station. A minor Spanglish error resulted in us heading to the bus station 'oriente' not 'occidente' but this was soon corrected & then we even scored an air conditioned local bus to Sonsonate!

We transferred again to head to Juayua, arrived around lunchtime & settled in at one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at - Casa Mazeta. After dumping our stuff we sampled some local fare & then walked down to the Los Churros - a collection if three waterfalls from 5-60m in height.

I had a quick & refreshingly cold dip in each of the three falls & then we headed back to the hostel. Had a few rounds of this hilarious game - jungle speed with out Israeli mates Niv & Daniel & an American girl, Holly then pooled out groceries & cooked up dinner together.

More jungle speed rounds after dinner & then we all set up camp in the hostel lounge room to watch movies. It was such a great, relaxing night in, particularly as there was a raging storm outside!

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about El Salvador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.