Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 66 - Caye Caulker

BELIZE | Saturday, 9 August 2014 | Views [175]

Day 66 - Caye Caulker

It was so hot I couldn't sleep, despite getting back around 2am! I gave up my bunk for a hammock on the jetty & lazed there with my random dog buddy watching the sunrise from about 4am.

Said goodbye to some of my roomies for the week & then while Lindy went diving I decided to spend time by the split.

Found the best little water swing made of rope strung up under the jetty which became my shady perch for most of the day. Made friends with some local guys who took me on a swimming tour of the mangroves which was pretty cool.

Managed to score some anti-malarial pills from the local chemist, book out blue he dive & get back to the split for sunset. We made friends with several people but most notably with a local guy who had 'Lindy' tattooed on his arm. Hilarious.

Caught up with a friend from Hopkins & we all went to a place called Syds for dinner. Unfortunately they only had fried chicken for dinner but it was pretty tasty so that worked out ok!

We if course then went to the reggae bar for a nightcap but had to be up at 4.30am so it wasn't a huge night at all!

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.