Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 23 - La Habana to Trinidad

CUBA | Thursday, 19 June 2014 | Views [559]

We set off early to the bus station going to get to Playa Larga & then go snorkeling in the bay of pigs. Nothing quite seems to go according to plan at the moment & we got to the transit stop to discover the bus wasn't for another 4 hrs. We rejigged our plans & opted for the earlier bus to Trinidad hoping to cycle to & snorkel at Playa Ancon instead.

We arrived in Trinidad at about 5.30pm in the torrential rain. After walking across flooding streets in the rain with our big packs to avoid the hustlers at the bus station we settled with pretty much the first casa we found - Casa Delfin Armas Gomez.

It's basic & cute. The old couple that run it are sweet although the señora has no English & the señor has worst Spanglish than us!

We had a home cooked meal of chicken, rice & salad before a quick walk around town. 

Trinidad is much nicer than Habana and with a lot less hassle (so far). We have scored two bikes to ride the 20kms or so to the beach in the morning. With no gears & cobbled streets to maneuver hopefully this trip will be easier than the time I opted to ride to the Tibetan border in Nepal - arguably the worst experience I'd ever had!

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cuba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.