Existing Member?

The story so far...

Days 17-20 Futbal, Pyramids & the Mexican Ballet

MEXICO | Tuesday, 17 June 2014 | Views [304]

Our last day of spanish school ended with us drinking jugs of Mexican dark ale with our classmates & teacher. It was a great way to wrap up a pretty difficult two weeks & an excellent warm up to the Australia v Chile match we were due to watch at 5pm at 'the Irish Pub' in Polanco. 

We made it to the game a little late and found an excellent crew of diplomats, expats & randoms alike decked out in green & gold! we commiserated our loss with a few more drinks, the obligatory mezcal & then a tasty dinner at an Argentinian restaurant. Despite Claire & I nearly being killed crossing the road on the way home it was a very pleasant & civilized evening.

Saturday we made an early start for our weekend getaway to Tepoztlan, an hour and a half out of Mexico City in Morelos. The town is amazing, a collection of cobbled streets dotted with artesan matket stalls & señoras making fresh tortillas nestled at the foothills of expansive green mountains. We were fortunate enough to stay in the most gorgeous house (thanks again to Claire), to eat, drink, relax & even hike up to the Tepozteco pyramid hidden in those green mountains.

Sunday we ate, shopped & headed back to Mexico City. Thanks again to our divine hostess Claire we were treated to a night at the Mexican Ballet at the National Palace of the Arts. It was truly magnificent- the colours, the music, the stories & the entire performance made this one of the most fantastic cultural events I've ever had the privilege of attending. 

What a weekend right?

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.