Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 3 - Morelia

MEXICO | Sunday, 1 June 2014 | Views [267]

After a smooth 4.5hr bus ride from Mexico City we arrived in the picturesque heritage town of Morelia late on Friday afternoon.

Located in the Michoacan region, Morelia was the first Spanish city founded in Mexico. The whole town has been a world heritage site since 1991 & the gorgeous hostel we are staying in is at least 300 years old. 

We were greeted by hostel owners Tania & Manuel & their sheep dog puppy 'hexe' & relieved to discover they both had great English! Armed with a map & a few recommendations we explored a few markets & historic sites then found an excellent little taqueria for dinner. Lucky for for us we also found the mercado del dulces - basically a block full of dessert stalls!

We feasted on some local sweets & were invited to join Tania, Manuel & their Mexican friends for some courtyard beers. Once the Mezcal & Tequila came out there was no turning back until the queasdillas came out at 4am. Lindy had the sense to go to bed much earlier in the night & resist partying with the mad Mexicans. It was a great night all in all & we ended up with some new random guests joining in the fun. I was the only english speaker at the table & Manuel basically interpreted for me most of the night. That said, apparently my spanglish got much better after the second glass of mezcal...

 

 

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.