Existing Member?

Viola is out there... Somewhere nce upon a time, in a land not so far away, existed a violist who loved languages and wanted to travel. A lot. When I say a lot it REALLY means a LOT. So, she left the country a couple of times. Her last stopover is Dubai and soon she will fly away... ag

Finally the sun shines! In Madrid

SPAIN | Thursday, 7 June 2007 | Views [611] | Comments [2]

Elli brought me early in the morning to the Zurich train station, and I took the short trip to the Zurich Flughafen. After having to pay extra again (never without my books) I ran through immigration and boarded the plane for Madrid. Time was gray and a little fresh in Zurich, but at the time we arrived in Madrid the sun was shining in full force.

Ahhhh, just like home.

Anyway first things first: tourist train ticket valid for 3 days that I can use as many times as I need... and  with a map from the city here I am. Met three americans who were going to the same hostel, so I kind of hang out with them just to arrive to the cats hostel.

Walked all the calle atocha until the Plaza Maior, Palacio Real and its gardens, then I found a lovely small museum which I looked around and received a lovely prospects of free museums in Madrid (ahhh lovely, as I'm broke, as always). Then went to the National Library by metro, they had a cool exposition there with the best photograph books in the year.

I spend a good time there just browsing the books.... Yes, I know, I´m a nerd... But George likes me just the way that I am.

Help, I´m quoting Brigit Jones. I have it sooooo bad.

Marcio is unavailable tonight... so I will have to be a little inventive. And George arrives tomorrow. ok, now... Don´t Panic.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

What a hell is that Bridget Jones thing? Where is my freak nerd friend???? hahahahhaha

  Carol Jun 9, 2007 9:53 AM

2

Hummm, hummmm...demain le grand jour des retrouvailles !!!!

  Florie Jun 11, 2007 6:52 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.