Existing Member?

Viola is out there... Somewhere nce upon a time, in a land not so far away, existed a violist who loved languages and wanted to travel. A lot. When I say a lot it REALLY means a LOT. So, she left the country a couple of times. Her last stopover is Dubai and soon she will fly away... ag

Flatulence should NEVER be overated...

BRAZIL | Wednesday, 9 May 2007 | Views [468]

Well what is the mistery of fitting a whole month worth of clothes in on single suitcase? Well, I believe I´m about to find out. After a lovely weekend interacting with fellow colleagues from work, (and eating as much as we could several times a day) we are back to the office happy, smiling... overly tired, sleep deprived, blotched with food and sick stomachs.

Besides spending the down hours with a close encounter of third forth and fifth kind with the porcelain god, I´ve decided I´m going back to my diet and sticking to it even if I have to eat only cereal bars... Nobody deserves to wake up with gas and pain at 4am. What is it in international travel that simply messes up with me? It is like an internal clock> wow, you´re travelling>> wow, you´re sick of your stomach. >>> it is like an automaton reaction.

Anyway, most gifts are already bought and packed. I´m still thinking on little mementos to bring, but I´m short of cash so probably I will have simply to be inventive here.

I went to change money today. I`m desolée to say that it sucks. It doesn´t matter how much you save, when you change it in foreign money it still looks... too little.

Just for your info, the exchage rates are one british pound is 4.21 Brazilian reais .... one euro is 2.88... I was happy with the money I got, now I´m seriously considering that it won´t be enough.

Definetely, several cereal bars on my diet.

The weather went crazy today. After mild 23 Celsius in the last days, the thermometer went all the way down to 7 C today. Basically, we, poor Brazilians, were freezing our noses and other unnamable extremities in a very sudden drop of temperature.

Must be the visit of the pope.

Poor Pope has no idea of how many people are complaining about his visit. Basically he is the reason why traffic sucks, buses are full, roads are blocked... right along with the reason for the national debt and corruption in all levels of the government. And also he is the messenger from Aliens from mars... 

Less than three days to go, and I simply can´t wait to get away... and simply be.

Tags: The Planning Phase

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.