Existing Member?

Viola is out there... Somewhere nce upon a time, in a land not so far away, existed a violist who loved languages and wanted to travel. A lot. When I say a lot it REALLY means a LOT. So, she left the country a couple of times. Her last stopover is Dubai and soon she will fly away... ag

Feels like today...

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Saturday, 22 August 2009 | Views [491]

I'm right now on a countdown to my departure of Dubai. It is amazing how a year flew by so fast, and, once the decision to leave everyone and everything here behind was made, how the pressure and uncertainty that was my constant companion on the last couple of weeks took a hike.

I had the great pleasure of taking a week of on the first days of August, and went to celebrate my birthday in Scotland. There I've made new friends, revisited places I've been before, and had the pleasure of seeing one of the most amazing sunsets in my whole life.

I've reached the decision of leaving Dubai as the sun and the sand became too much part of my depressive state of mind. The simple idea of leaving the confort of the air conditioned heaven of my small studio to face the burning sand and heat leaves me helpless and motionless. If I consider my choices, going out or staying in, I inevitably choose staying in.

And believe me, I would pretty much rather go out... but my choices and will are subjugated by the heat. And I stay in. Again.

Now just the simple idea of going back home, facing the rain, the green, hugging trees, my friends, my viola - I left my babe back home when I went back in February - I start giggling.

It is good to feel happy again. I'm going home. And really, there is nothing like home.

Tags: homesick, return, saudade

 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.