Existing Member?

AdventurSpirit Travel memories fade fast if not recorded. This is an account of my travels - and adventure spirit...

Busan - Live octopus anyone?

SOUTH KOREA | Sunday, 11 February 2007 | Views [1865]

A long 4hr bus ride met up with Jung early morning at 2am. He had driven from nearby town Masan where he lived (2hrs away), to spend his Sunday with us, taking us around Busan.

As we drove around and around, looking for late night supper - settled on a korean hotpot place. By the time we had finished eating, we were exhausted and decided to get a place to bunk down. However, at 3am in the morning, there really isnt much available, and we got ripped off by and a grandma. Bugger! The rooms we rented were old and dirty and cold - so we turned on the heater and went across the street to have a drink and to wait for the room to heat up. Back to the room at 5am where I had a cold shower in 4deg weather. Not the smartest thing to do, but I was desperate!

Up at 10am the next day for the famous live octopus delicacy at Jagalchi Market. Walked around a bit with the shop keepers urging us to go inside from the cold and have hot soup. Finally settled on one shop outside Jagalchi market as we settled on the warm heated floor for a good feed. Check out the YouTube video of me eating a live octopus tentecle. YUM!

Next we went up to Dadaepo Park which was a famous place for couples in Busan to go and spend time together on a nice Sunday arvo. This time, we thought better of ourselves after the Sentosa experience and paid our 1,500W for the tram ride around the peak. We stopped by the first stop for a relaxing rest on the pebble beach where the Rubber Ladies urged tourist to have seafood at their resturant - straight from the sea. Up the stone steps was a struggle and on the tram we went to the next stop of the observatory. That spot was supposed to be special because we were able to see the some japanese islands from there, but unfortunately for us, there was a fog hanging around and we saw nothing.

We went past the next few stops which were momuments and memorials and temples and back at the start, we left Dadaepo Park for our journey onward to Changwon.

Special thanks to Jung - who took his Sunday off to take us around Busan and drop us off at Changwon. THANKS Jung!!!

Jagalchi Market

Jagalchi Market

Tags: Eating & sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.