Existing Member?

Kayley's Adventures This page is for everyone out there who knows and loves me and wants to know everything that I'm up to. Of course I can't promise I'll put in ALL the details but I'll try my hardest!

Salzburg

AUSTRIA | Thursday, 24 January 2008 | Views [407]

A 2 hour train trip through the mountains and we arrived in Salzburg. The city of Mozart and the Sound of Music. The mountain ranges surrounding the city were incredible, the castle was placed so that it overlooked the city and we got a fantastic view from our hostel. Us girls were able to walk around all day and take in what the city had to offer. We made our way to the catacombs and then to Mozart's birthplace. Yep, i was in the house where Mozart was born and lived. Saw his very first violin and piano as well as his clavichord.

Lou and I then made our way to the Mirabell gardens. ring any bells?? didnt think so but i found what we were looking for and that was the steps and fountain where the von Trapp family sing Do Re Mi! Had a lovely dance around the fountain with lucy (yes we looked like idiots and yes the locals laughed at us but we're allowed to have our fun)

Tags: Adventures

About kayley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.