Existing Member?

Kayley's Adventures This page is for everyone out there who knows and loves me and wants to know everything that I'm up to. Of course I can't promise I'll put in ALL the details but I'll try my hardest!

Venice

ITALY | Thursday, 24 January 2008 | Views [312]

The train trip to Venice was pretty much deadly. 8 hours long but at least the view of the Italian alps was pretty and we had some lovely Italian women sitting with us teaching us Italian and telling us to marry their sons. LOL

arrive in Venice and it all felt quite surreal. there really is no other place in the world like (as far as ive seen anyway). we had to catch the bus (yes the bus...a water bus) to our hotel and met jessie! YAY! the hotel was amazing, we slept in true Italian style. we also ate in true italian style by ordering the most massive pizza possible for about 9 euros (the equivalent of about 13 bucks) and drinking wine.

the next day was filled with wandering the streets (yes there are streets in venice) and finding our way to the main attractions. jess stopped off for about 5 espressos along the way so by the end of the day she was craaaazy jessie! we saw the rialto bridge and popped into all the markets so check out the beautiful murano glass and venetian masks that basically every store sells. next was st. mark's square where i had the best fun for 20 cent ever! the money was spent on pigeon food and the fun was the feeding that didnt even really take place and us girls got attacked and mauled by all the birds. they sat on our heads, arms and just flapped by us constantly. we went into st. mark's basillica which was incredible and then stood by the Doge's palace.

another evening of fantastically cheap and tasty pizza and wine and venice was over before we knew it.

Tags: Adventures

About kayley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.