Existing Member?

Kayley's Adventures This page is for everyone out there who knows and loves me and wants to know everything that I'm up to. Of course I can't promise I'll put in ALL the details but I'll try my hardest!

CONTIKI (Berlin)

GERMANY | Wednesday, 16 January 2008 | Views [539]

so wow! where the hell do i start?? contiki was the best fun of my life, never have a drunk so much and seen so much in 9 days.

started off in Berlin, 95% of the people on tour with us were aussies which was cool. we all hung out the first night...blah blah blah. the next day was filled with sights, we were mainly in east berlin, we saw the memorial part of the wall, the reichstag, brandenburg gate, the berlinerdome, the sight where the book burnings occurred, the national german history museum, ate bratwurst (yuummmm)It snowed!! our first european sighting of snow and it was absolutely magical. it was incredible to be in such a place where so much history had happened.

that night we all went out for a german dinner and on a pub crawl. we got plenty of free schnapps and had an awesome night out.

the next day was the coldest day of our trip so far. we were going to go on our free walking tour but the rain made the day unbearable to we made our own way to the holocaust memorial. that was incredible, looks really plain from the outside because its just cement blocks but its symbolism cuts deep. took sarah, me and the 2 boys about 2 hours to find our way home, bloody berlin train system is sooo confusing. had a nice hot bath and then went out to find joe's beer garden which was closed but sare and i had a nice walk around the city and saw the church which was totally gutted by a bomb during WWII. it looked absolutely incredible.

really enjoy speaking the german language. its nice to have sarah around who can teach me all the words so now i can kinda speak a little to the locals. WOOHOO!

on the way to prague the next day we made a 2 hour stop off in dresden. WOW! i was totally in love, it was the most amazing city to walk around in because of the immensity of the buildings and the history of them. the whole town was pretty much destroyed in 12 hours by allied bombings, 45,000 killed and yet the town has so much beauty.

Tags: Adventures

About kayley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.