Existing Member?

Pilgrims

Strange days indeed

GERMANY | Monday, 17 January 2011 | Views [282]

Well - I am waiting in Munich airport for the beginning of the epic flight back to Sydney and will arrive in approximately 24 hours. I will probably go straight to my parents house to see my mum and dad. Gabriel is up on the farm at Jaspers and not due back until Wednesday, so for a couple more days, I remain in the twilight of being a childless mother.

I have been away from Sydney for 6 weeks, it feels much longer. I have supported my mum trying out and rejecting a chemotherapy treatment. I have stood knee deep in falling snow. I have walked and swum some distance. I have driven on the wrong side of the road, danced with Germans, not eaten snails, felt both fleeting and naive, and bold and adventurous. I have seen a fair number of castles and treasures, I have remembered my good cousins Rebecca and Cathy as they showed me Lndon and Paris, and why not to mix drinks. I have held a angel Vivienne, whose whole grip does not encircle my finger, yet she is trying to look out to the world. I have been reminded how hard and wonderful being a mother is.

I wonder intensivelly what awaits my family this year, as we struggle with letting go and being hopeful of recovery in the same breath. I am very proud of them and myself, we a imperfect good lot, with a great and real love for each other.

big wheel keep on turning........see yall soon

“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” - Jack Kerouac 

Tags: returning home

About katebravado


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.