Existing Member?

Pilgrims

Welcoming June

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 3 June 2007 | Views [705] | Comments [2]

Well June has rolled in and bought with it sunshine glorious sunshine to our dampened spirits! Hoorah.

Gabriel was struck down with a horrible gastro virus for the last week which hit him hard. It coincided with a week of torrential rain and flooding of our little part of town and our house in particular. He spent approximately five days in bed with all the associated bodily explusions which accompany a virus of that type. It wasn{t nice. I on the other hand developed a mild case of obsessive compulsive disorder from washing my hands every thirty five seconds. The whole hideous event culminated in a hospital visit, think naked lunch, and an IV drip which although extremely harrowing seemed to knock the virus on the head. 

Bedraggled, wet and woozy Gabriel and I left the hospital when I abandoned any pride and called up a friend who runs fine dining establishment a bit out of town and begged a couple of days in her amazing house. Barbara and her daughter Jade graciously had us there for two gloriously pampered days of hot showers, fine food and cable tv, which seemed to do the trick and nurse us both back to full health and sanity. Again - hoorah. THANKS BARBARA and all at Jade Luna (Costa Ricas best fine dining restaurant). I will be painting and restoring some of her folk art pieces in gratitude!

So that{s where things are at - Gabriels schoolwork finally arrived (as you can imagine, hes thrilled) and so we begin class on Monday, and you may all feel free to refer to me as Miss Kate from here on in, and watch I dont need to get the switch onto you for insubordination.I have also reenrolled at Uni this semester to study online so things will be shifting into a different gear for us this month and quite frankly Im looking forward to it.

So love to you all and please write - remember thats why god made keyboards.

Ps if anyone knows anything about myspace please advise am finding it strange and hard to understand plus someone had already taken the username POOTICKET, which not only shocked me to my core but saddened me. Is nothing obscure anymore?? Perhaps not...

xxx

Love and sunshine

Tags: costa rica, doctors, hospitals & health

Comments

1

ah lifes little adversities huh?hope young gabe is back to his hearty self and you manage to find a piece of your mind your two...miss ya

  katherine Jun 6, 2007 8:42 AM

2

How do you say "Holly Crap" in Spanish? Mac woke up at 6pm to ask me when you and Gabriel are coming back. I think he (we) are missing you!!
Pleased the sun has come out to put 'insy wincy" back in his place. Love Merrin

  Merrin Jun 6, 2007 12:20 PM

About katebravado


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.