Existing Member?

Pilgrims

Things roll on

COSTA RICA | Thursday, 24 May 2007 | Views [12256] | Comments [3]

Gabriel and a baby Iguana

Gabriel and a baby Iguana

Just thought I better let you all know what happened with the dog Osa - cause I didn't want anyone losing sleep and feeling 'out of the loop'. So, we did infact find her again as the photos show. She was equally thrilled to see us and happily followed us all the way out to our house about a kilometre from town. She then plonked herself on the cement floor of our loungeroom and ate two frankfurts in one gulp. Shortly I had the brilliant if shortsighted idea to give her a bath. No sooner did she see the soap and towel in my hand as I gently but firmly led her outside than she got that hang dog look and raced out the front gate. She has certainly wisened and hardened up during her years on the streets as no amount of dragging and frankfurters would get her back in to the house and after hiding out for a while under a truck she slipped back to town. Gabriel and I were a little dissappointed but we still see her around town and she is always very excited to see us and comes over to say hello, so maybe we'll invite her over again sometime soon, but I will not be so presumptious with the soap.

Tags: costa rica, friends

Comments

1

i have an iguana too! His name is Tekno

  kristen Oct 18, 2008 10:17 AM

2

ur gonna kill that iguana

  some one May 28, 2010 7:14 AM

3

Hello. I am sad that you feel the need to spread such hostile thoughts out into the world but your tendency to do it secretly reveals much. That iguana I am sure went on to live a long and fruitful life having had a pleasant encounter with a young man who handled it carefully and gently......wonder what your stories of childhood are??
Good luck

  Kate May 28, 2010 8:11 AM

About katebravado


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.